Customer Complaints and Returns
- Review and assess incoming RMA’s from Sales in real time. Assess customer problem statement for potential product quality (PQ) reason codes. If PQ-related, launch immediate containment activities as outlined in processes MPM 004 and/or 006.
- Conduct evaluations and verification activities upon arrival of parts at MPM. If applicable, revise Reason Code in IFS/RMA to show most accurate code. Attention to detail is imperative.
- Create service orders for applicable intersite factories or local factory as applicable
- Create normal (sales) orders for warranty returns
- Process paperwork necessary for shipping parts to destination
- Verify and provide part numbers, quantities and credit status to accounting
- Provide prompt and accurate customer service response to internal and external customers
- Communicate results / reports of containment actions, technical evaluations, repairs and replacements
- Resolve internal questions or discrepancies regarding return matters.
- Monitor aging Returns, Blocked Stock and open CRM items (IR’s)
Technical Assessments and NCM’s
- Attend training required to maintain and expand capabilities locally and at our factories, as needed.
- Repair and/or rework returned product; coordinate with Model Shop, Warehouse or other maxon global facility personnel for applicable work completion
- Ensure complete and accurate records of work are filed and retrievable
- Review and research to ensure credits and invoicing/rebilling is complete and accurate
- Share responsibilities in the receiving inspection process
- Process Non-Conforming Material as related to returns, incoming complaints and WIP, or as back up to other Quality related activities.
- Intermediate or higher level electro-mechanical training and skills required. Must read and comprehend blueprints and schematics
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing and problem solving skills
- Collaboration and follow-through; must make efficient use of time without compromising quality
- Has track record of ability to manage confidential and internally-restricted information
- Experience, some fluency with German language preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
A minimum of 3 years’ experience with electronic and mechanical parts is needed. Some experience with printed circuit boards, their components and controllers preferred.
Attend and meet the minimum requirements of Maxon Academy for technical / CS personnel. Other pertinent department training is required. Some extended international travel is expected during the training period
Experience programming digital optical comparator / vision systems required; Keyence preferred
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment and may require exposure to factory areas. This will require the use of personal protective equipment and/or ESD protective clothing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities of their job. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Travel is up to 5% and includes local, national, and international with overnight travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Source/author: maxon precision motors, inc. / Apr 5, 2019