maxon Heavy Duty drives: Robust designs for extreme operating conditions.
New materials and process technologies.
The ironless core winding and high performance rotor is the “heart” of maxon heavy duty motors. Together with the powerful gearhead, maxon provides high torque drive solutions. Most parts of heavy duty drives are made of stainless steel. The assembly minimizes the use of adhesives, concentrating instead on the connection of individual components through mechanical fits and secured with laser welding. This results in a reliable and mechanically robust drive system.
Whether you need a standard or customized product, maxon‘s experienced sales engineers are here to help guide you to the best solution for your application. Contact us: contact.maxonmotor.com
Image courtesy of schlumberger.
Measurement While Drilling.
Measurement While Drilling (MWD) uses a measurement module located behind the drill head in the string. The tool’s control system measures variables such as angle, vibration, and drilling speed. The “pulser” unit sends the collected information back to the surface, across several thousand meters, through pulses in the drill mud (MPT – Mud Pulse Telemetry).
The pulses are generated by the actuator system that is driven by maxon’s Heavy Duty assembly. Providing reliable data information to the drilling technicians is critical so they can respond quickly and make corrections as needed.
MWD – The maxon solution.
EC 22 HD brushless DC motor with GP 22 HD planetary gearhead.
- Ultra compact (Ø22 mm), highly efficient (>75 %) and powerful (240 W) drive solution.
- Fully welded stainless steel assembly along with encapsulated samarium-cobalt magnet.
- High temperature ironless core winding, proven to withstand temperatures up to 240°C.
- Gearhead designed for high torque (12 Nm overload torque capability).
The Heavy Duty series is ideally suited for high pressure and vacuum applications. Check our standard products below or contact us for a customised solution.
Key advantages of maxon HD motors.
- Wide temperature range (-50 … 200°C) Components tested up to 240°C
- Robust design Laser welded connections
- High performance / volume ratio Compact, high power density
- High quality / reliability Production process controls
- Low energy consumption High efficiency
- Excellent control properties Linear motor characteristics
- Operation in air or in hydraulic oil
- Low magnetic interference